In education, “student engagement refers to the degree of attention, curiosity, interest, optimism, and passion that students show when they are learning or being taught, which extends to the level of motivation they have to learn and progress in their education” (Great Schools Partnership). For many years, educational research has determined the importance of student engagement and its impact on student retention, learning, and discipline inside the classroom.
This course will define student engagement and allow educators to demonstrate how student engagement in various emotional, cognitive, and behavioral avenues will effectively enhance the dynamic of their classroom and their school. It is geared toward newer teachers and also offers content for experienced educators.
- The participant will be able to define student engagement and topic definitions of the various forms of engagement.
- The participant will be able to select individual strategies to use within their classroom to increase student engagement for intellectual, emotional, behavioral, physical, or social engagement
- The participant will be able to use active learning strategies to a diverse set of student
- The participant will be able to evaluate the skills needed for engagement in academic learning
- The participant will be able to measure the participation and interactive engagement of students with their teacher and classmates
- The participant will be able to evaluate if student engagement is effective in their classroom with formative and summative data.
Upon completion, you will receive a certificate upon completion with verified hours. We recommend participants check with their governing organization to verify acceptance of learning hours from SEE Online courses towards CEUs. *Customized certificates can be created to verify CE credits if needed.
|Course Development By:||
The DiSC® tools are designed to provide a highly accurate view of you and what that means to the interactions and relationships that drive your success.
SEE uses DiSC® assessments as a measurement of behaviors and communication styles. It is highly recommended to complete your DiSC® profile as a valued companion as you learn and grow with us. This is a one time assessment that can be completed and referenced in all of our online and in person learning programs.
There are multiple solutions and reports that can be completed. Each of them provide a different focus as well as provide various details related to that targeted focus. Please choose the assessment that fits you best. Contact us if you would like assistance in determining which one is best for you and your situation.
Note: This is not a requirement and you can complete the program and gain the skills associated with personality styles.
Unlock learning and potential in the classroom.
Course program developed by Educator: Rachel Drake
THE ONLINE LEARNING EXPERIENCE WITH SEE
• Cost-Effective Training
• Flexible and Nimble Education
• Scalable Professional Development
• Engaging Learning Environment
• High-Quality Measurable Results
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- Follow-up Program
- Learning Styles
- Team Groups
- Online Learning Community
SEE’s learning programs have passed rigorous academic and professional standards to be able to offer our participants continuing education units and, in some cases, credit hours. We recommend participants check with their governing organization to verify acceptance of learning hours from SEE Online courses towards CEUs.